Physical security planning
Plan your physical security to fit your organisation’s needs.
Establish a physical security plan for your organisation that:
- matches the level of security risk in your physical environment
- is consistent with your business needs and legal obligations
- builds on the overall framework and plan for your organisation’s security
- covers your obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
What to include in an effective plan
Effective physical security planning:
- accounts for increased risks in places where you have collections of information and physical assets, and higher concentrations of people
- accounts for the specific needs of your organisation’s different work locations
- includes scalable measures to meet increased threat levels and accommodate changes in the overall national threat level
- includes a system of controls and barriers to help your organisation deter, detect, delay, and respond to any threat: external or internal
- addresses the risks associated with shared facilities, and the security requirements for working away from the office.
Page last modified: 2/10/2018