Review your physical security measures regularly
Undertake regular reviews to ensure your security measures remain fit for purpose. Identify changes in your use of facilities, in your organisation, or your threat environment. Use this information to inform improvements.
Conduct periodic reviews and assure compliance
Regularly monitor, review, and audit your physical security measures.
You need to know if:
- your physical security policies are being followed
- your physical security controls are working as planned
- any changes or improvements are necessary.
Identify changes in your security environment
Be prepared to restart your physical security lifecycle whenever your security environment changes.
Consider these questions to inform changes and improvements:
- Are you using your information and assets in a different way?
- Are you using your facilities in a different way?
- Are your people working in a different way?
- Are you planning improvements to internal or external security services?
- Have you identified new security threats and vulnerabilities?
- Will your existing security measures be effective against the new threats and vulnerabilities?
Page last modified: 2/10/2018